Therapy for Women
I specialize in providing therapy for women in all seasons of life. As a California State Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and a Nationally Board Certified Art Therapist, it is my desire to help each woman heal from past or present wounds, pursue multi-faceted health, and to be a more fully integrated whole person. My office is located in the beautiful town of South Pasadena, in the upstairs office suite of the Fremont Centre Theatre.
Overall health and fulfillment in life comes from a balance and integration of emotional, physical, relational, intellectual, and spiritual healthiness. That is why by using a whole-person approach, I address all the areas of a person’s life, with the goal of helping each woman move towards multi-faceted health, wholeness, and integration of all the aspects of themselves.
Making Lasting Changes
The goal of therapy is not to leave the same as when you started, but rather it should be the beginning of a new season of change. Through a caring and empathetic therapy relationship, I will journey with you as you make changes for a lifetime. Together we will explore the history of your life, including thoughts and beliefs, lifestyle habits, behavior patterns, and coping mechanisms. Next we will highlight and utilize your strengths, address any areas that need to heal, and then work towards positive growth and change.
Some of my areas of expertise are here.
- Master of Arts, Marital and Family Therapy (Clinical Art Therapy), Loyola Marymount University 2000
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology-Linguistics, Psychology Minor, University of Southern California 1993
- Art Therapy Supervisor, Loyola Marymount University
- Clinical Supervisor, Azusa Pacific University
- Guest Speaker/Lecturer for Universities, Parent Groups, Clinics, and Conferences